What’s happening in March!
Hello Cabrillo Parents!
What’s happening this month at Cabrillo.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
- PTA Meeting
Monday, March 2nd at 7pm
At 6:30 we invite you to join us as we talk about changes to the way Teacher Appreciation Week will run this May (this is especially important for all Room Parents.) We’ll also be learning how to set up Presto Pay accounts so you can use/buy Scrip immediately on-the-go. At 7:00 we will be holding elections for our 2015-2016 PTA Board. We need as many members as we apossible for voting.
- CHOICE BLOCK PUBLIC HEARING
Monday, March 2 at 8pm
Dana Middle School will be holding a public hearing on the Choice Block Initiative. This hearing is part of the process that determines whether or not the Choice Blocks at the perimeter of the Wiseburn USD will require permits to attend school in Wiseburn.
- SEE’S CANDY FUNDRAISER
STARTS Monday, March 2
Support our PTA fundraising efforts by selling and purchasing delicious See’s Candy. Orders will be ready for pick-up on 4/1 & 4/2 (before Easter and Spring Break.) This is our last major fundraiser of the school year and we look forward to your support.
- CPK RESTAURANT NIGHT
Thursday, March 19th
Plan to join us for our next Restaurant Fun-Raiser on March 19th at California Pizza Kitchen in Manhattan Beach. CPK will be giving back 15% of sales all day long (dine in & take out.) Don’t forget to buy CKP Scrip before the event to help Cabrillo earn an extra 8%. Download CPK Scrip Order Form >
- ICE CREAM FRIDAYS
Every Friday afternoon at pick-up
Ice Cream Punch Cards are a huge hit! Order yours today- 8 ice creams for $12….PLUS when the card is used up- turn it in for a FREE 9th ice cream!! Or, you can always pay $1.50 cash for ice cream which is sold on Fridays after each dismissal outside the school. We also will be needing volunteers to come out on Fridays from 1:45 to 3:15pm, if you are interested click the Volunteer Spot link.
- ANNUAL READ-A-THON
Our annual Read-A-Thon will be starting at the end of the month. This is one of our big fundraisers for the year, so please help support us.
- SAVE THE DATE IN MARCH
– Rock Around the Block (WEF event) – Sat. March 28th
– Spring Break NO SCHOOL – Friday April 3rd-10th
– PTA Board Meeting – Monday April 13th
– 2nd Grade Field Trip – Friday, April 17th
- LAST MONTH SUCCESS!!!!
Thank you to all our Cub Families for making last month events and fundraisers such a success.
– Coin Drive – Totals are still being determined we’ll be announcing the winners soon.
– Ice Skating – You helped PTA earn $760 which was a record-breaking amount. Thank you for supporting; it was a fun afternoon with many great families!.
– Spaghetti Dinner – Thank you to all the families and volunteers for helping to create a fun filled Mardi-Gras themed evening. Our event Chairs Desi Lumpkin and Corinne Rosenstein did a great job. The event would not have been possible without the help of our wonderful volunteers from both Cabrillo and the student volunteers from DaVinci Math/Science.
Have a great month!!!
The Cabrillo PTA
Please contact the PTA board at CabrilloPTABoard@gmail.com